Cummins new low-emissions X10 diesel engine
New low-emissions X10 diesel engine from Cummins
Cummins has long been a leader in diesel engine technology and powers some of the world’s most demanding and economically vital applications. At Torquepower, we are experts in all things Cummins, and proud of our independent heritage.
In a move that founder Clessie Cummins would have approved; rather than waiting for more advanced technologies to become available, Cummins realised it was important to take steps now to reach net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
At the IAA Transportation in Hanover, Germany last month, Cummins displayed a next-generation advanced diesel platform, the X10, to demonstrate a practical route to reduce emissions and carbon for applications that are not easily switched to alternative power supplies. Torquepower is proud to have supported automotive, marine, agricultural, and industrial Cummins applications since 1978; and we understand that diesel engines will be powering many industries in Australia for some time to come.
As part of its Destination Zero strategy, Cummins is working to:
- Advance internal combustion engine technology with advancements in efficiency
- Increase compatibility with fuels like hydrogen, biodiesel, and hydrotreated Bio(vegetable) oil.
- Revolutionize zero-emission hydrogen fuel cells and batteries
- Broaden the range of ultra-low emissions technologies, as it is a not one size fits all solution, for Cummins’s broad application range.
• Ultralow emission, 10 L diesel targeted toward global vehicle applications from 26 to 44-ton GVW in Europe and globally.
• Designed to meet Euro 7 emissions regulations
• Available in ratings from 235 to 331 kW (320 to 450 hp) with torque ratings up to 2300 Nm (1696 lb. ft.).
The Cummins B6.7H hydrogen engine was also on display at IAA in the driveline of a medium-duty truck. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvPAUh-VSJ4
Read more at – https://www.dieselprogress.com/news/cummins-unveils-new-low-emissions-diesel-at-iaa/8023405.article
For Cummins parts and advice – Shop at https://shopping.torquepower.com/about or Call 0732778277
Enquire Now TRADE PORTAL LOGIN ONLINE SHOP