TORQUE POWER DIESEL (AUSTRALIA) PTY LTD
ACN 010 078 083
Including trading as Torquepower
- Torque Power Diesel (Australia) Pty Ltd ACN 010 078 083 including trading as Torquepower is committed to protecting your privacy.
- In this policy the term ‘personal information’ means information we hold about you where your identity is clear or can be reasonably determined. Torquepower only collects personal information if such information is necessary for Torquepower to provide you with Torquepower’s services or for Torquepower to enhance its relationship with you.
Collecting Your Personal Information from the Torquepower Website
- The kind of personal information Torquepower will collect and hold will depend upon your use of the Torquepower website www.torquepower.com and www.shopping.torquepower.com. Your use of the facilities and services available through the website will determine and amount and type of information which Torquepower collects about you.
- Usually, Torquepower will only collect information such as your name, telephone numbers, address, job title and email address. However, certain circumstances may also require Torquepower to collect sensitive information (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) about you such as membership to professional or trade associations. We only collect and use sensitive information with your consent and for the sole purpose of providing you with our services or enhancing our relationship without disclosure to others.
- Some information collected will not be personal information because it will not reveal your identity. For example, when you visit the Website, the server may attach a small data file known as a “cookie” to your hard drive. Cookies are pieces of information that may be transferred to your computer’s hard disc when you visit the Website for record keeping purposes and to contain information about you preferences for the Website as to customise your view for your next visit to the Website. Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies. However, if you do not wish to receive cookies you may set your Web browser to notify you if a cookie has been received to allow you to refuse or reject the cookie.
- As most websites do when using cookies, Torquepower tracks usage patterns on the Webiste on an anonymous and aggregate basis. Your identity cannot reasonable be ascertained from this information. Each time you visit the Website, a web server makes a record of your visit. Specifically, it records:
a) Your Internet Provider (IP address):
b) The date, time and duration of your visit to the Website: and
How Torquepower Uses and Discloses Your Personal Information
- Torquepower is committed to protecting your privacy. Any personal information which Torquepower collected about you will be used for the purposes consistent for the reason you provided it, or by Torquepower to provide Torquepower’s services and to improve the Website.
- As set out under the heading Direct Marketing, Torquepower may use such information to provide you with further information in the future about Torquepower’s services. In order to do this, Torquepower may disclose your personal information to external service providers or agents for the purposes stated above. By using this website, you acknowledge that you have provided your express and implied consent for your personal information to be used for direct marketing purposes.
- Otherwise, Torquepower will not disclose your personal information unless:
- a) Required by law;
- c) It is to protect the rights and property of Torquepower or a related entity of Torquepower;
- d) Where it is necessary on a temporary basis to enable our contractors to perform specific functions; or
- e) It is to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health and safety.
12. The Website may contain links to third party websites. You should be aware that the information handling practices of the linked websites may not be the same as the practices of Torquepower. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of those websites.
- Torquepower takes all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, modification, unauthorised access and disclosure.
- Torquepower uses both physical and electronic security measures to protect Torquepower’s premises and computer network. However, any information that you send to Torquepower over the internet or by email is at your own risk.
Access to Your Personal Information.
- In most cases, you can gain access to personal information that Torquepower holds about you unless Torquepower is required to refuse access under any law.
- Torquepower will handle requests for access to your personal information in accordance with applicable laws. All requests for access to your personal information must be made to the Privacy Officer.
- Torquepower will deal with any request for access to personal information as quickly as possible. Requests for a large amount of information, or information which is not currently in use, may require further time before a response can be given. We may recover from you any reasonable costs associated with providing you with access. In some cases, consistent with National Privacy Principles, Torquepower may refuse to give you access to personal information we hold about you. If Torquepower refuses to give you access, reasons with be provided for such refusal.
- Generally, if you request, Torquepower will amend any personal information held by Torquepower about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If Torquepower disagrees with you about the accuracy, completeness or currency of a record of your personal information held by Torquepower, Torquepower will take reasonable steps to associate with that record a statement to the effect that you claim this to be the case, if you request us to do so.
21. From time to time, we may use the personal information we collect from you to contact you about particular Torquepower products and services which we believe may interest you. We may then contact you to let you know about these products and services and they would benefit you.
Direct Marketing from Torquepower generally takes the form of Electronic Marketing (email). Where we use your personal information to send you marketing information by e-mail or other electronic means, we may do this with your express or implied consent.
Consent may be expressly given when you, for example, tick a box on our Website that says you provide permission for us to use your personal information to provide you with marketing material. Your consent can also be implied if you provide information to Torquepower through your use of this website or where you have an existing business relationship with Torquepower.
Every form of Electronic Marketing you receive will include a means by which you can unsubscribe (or opt-out) from receiving further information. Additionally, you may instruct us at any time to remove any previous consent you have provided by contacting Torquepower’s Privacy Officer on the details listed below.
Contact Torquepower About Privacy
22. If you have any questions or would like further information about Torquepower’s privacy and information handling practices, please contact us at:
The Privacy Officer
Torque Power Diesel (Australia) Pty Ltd P.O. Box 248
Or Email: email@example.com