As the uncertainties of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to evolve, we would like to share with you some of the key actions that Torquepower management is taking to ensure our staff remain safe, and that we maintain reliable and safe services for our customers.
By taking early and decisive steps to prepare for the projected spread of COVID-19, we are confident that we are doing our part to help minimise the impact and disruption to our customers.
Our Senior Management Team is monitoring the developing situation daily and will ensure our response is timely and proportionate to the level of spread and its likely impact on the business, our people and our customers.
The steps we have taken so far include:
• Formalising our General Manager as our Coronavirus Response Coordinator who will report directly to me on all evolving threats.
• Providing our staff with regular communication and updates designed to limit the spread of the virus
• Creating a culture of infection control through raised awareness and support around personal and workspace hygiene.
• Modifying our twice-daily customer delivery services to ensure minimum human contact occurs.
• Bringing forward the release of a new interactive Torquepower Online store that will bring opportunities for customers to order remotely and have product delivered. This further assists with human separation.
• Modifying our Sales Counter and Goods receipt areas to increase human separation.
• Identifying and preparing to equip key staff to be able to temporarily work from home as required
• Establishing contingency plans to maintain services and availabilities during times of significant and sustained absenteeism
• Temporarily suspending infield sales activities
• Providing employees with the latest Government updates
• Optimising the use of internal technology for team meetings
• Adapting to customer service process change requests wherever practical to do so.
Cummins engine and associated product supply and support is our primary company function and we will continue to do everything we can to ensure continuity of this service to our customers.
We will continue to keep you updated as the situation evolves and please do not hesitate to contact our General manager or myself directly should you have any questions.